Attractions in Destin and Fort
The Emerald Coast is rich with gorgeous beaches and really, that's what most visitors come for. The sugar-white sand, the blue-green water rolling forward and back, the sun shining on all of it, and the sound of the waves blocking out all thoughts of stress. Rest and relaxation. That's what Fort Walton Beach and Destin are all about. But we do offer a wide range of attractions you can take in during your break from the beach.
Attractions in Fort Walton Beach
- Founded in 1955, America's second oldest marine park features 14 fascinating gulf-edged exhibits of fabulous marine life, including Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, California sea lions, Peruvian penguins and Ridley turtles.
- Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier
- This locally beloved pier is the best place for a great catch. You'll find everything you need for a great fishing day, including beverages, snacks, bait, tackle, and pole rentals. No fishing license is needed to fish from the pier, so this is a great way for out-of-town guests to get in on the fishing action.
- Indian Temple Mound and Museum
- Next to the largest Indian mound known to exist along salt water, this museum features a 6,000-piece exhibit of America's largest collection of Southeastern Indian Ceramic artifacts follows 10,000 years of four prehistoric tribes.
- Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park
- Splish, splash and have a blast in this wonderful water park featuring more than 40 exciting water attractions as well as three mini-golf courses, two wild and fast go-kart tracks and three thrilling rides.
- Gator Beach
- Home to 100 live alligators and a Florida wildlife exhibit area, Gator Beach allows guests the thrill of feeding live alligators in a safe environment from 11 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. There is no admission fee to Gator Beach and your family can participate in a free alligator show. Don't forget to get your photo taken holding a live alligator. The Gator Show itself runs everyday from noon to four in the afternoon.
- The Track Family Recreation Center
- Get ready for some serious family fun at this super-fun recreation center featuring everything from the Wild Woody three-tiered go-kart/roller coaster hybrid and wild go-cart track to big fun for little tykes at Kids Country to miniature golf, Bumper Boats, and bungee jumping.
- U.S. Air Force Armament Museum
- You're sure to be humbled and amazed at this Air Force armament featuring 25 reconnaissance, fighter and bomber planes from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the Persian Gulf. The museum also includes a fighter cockpit simulator, thousands of weapons, war films, and photography exhibits.